Monday, August 18, 2014

SWAP your SYRUP!

Hi all!!!

    I hope everyone is having a HAPPY Monday! I know sometimes that can be an oxymoron (haha) but let's try to make it a good one!

   Many of us might not have made the best choices this weekend and are looking for a fresh start to our lifestyle and what a perfect day to refocus and make it a great food week!

   I made a version of my easy healthy pancakes (1/2 cup oats, mashed banana, one egg, 1/4 cup almond milk, blend all together until smooth about three minutes.)  for Xavier (my three year old) this morning. He loves pancakes! And like most people he likes maple syrup on his pancakes! Until a little while ago, I was topping his pancakes with Aunt Jemima syrup.

Now, I grew up eating Aunt Jemima "maple" syrup like a lot of us did and many still do today, but after taking a closer look at the ingredients, I realized, this was no "maple" syrup at all and I couldn't even understand the ingredients. Here is the back of the Aunt Jemima lite syrup:


Where in there is there any maple? There are hardly any ingredients in there I recognize, let alone can pronounce. 

   Due to that, I took it upon myself to find a product low in calories, lower in artificial sugars and a bit healthier that STILL tasted GREAT!

Annnnnndddddddddd, I found IT! 





   This syrup is so YUMMY! 

   Now, don't get me wrong, am I saying using this product will help you loose weight? That you can use it without limitations, that it is super healthy?? NO, I am not saying that! What I am saying is that this product is more natural and a bit more healthy than the traditional syrups we tend to use, with ingredients that we cannot even read. We should think about SWAPPING healthier alternatives over the "syrups" we are used to and Sohgave could be a good alternative to use. It taste great and makes kids (and adults) just as happy. 

   I also want you to take into consideration, agave although more natural is still a sugar and should be used in MODERATION. 

Other healthy options to top your pancakes:

1. Greek yogurt with a bit of organic cane sugar and vanilla extract
2. Fruit
3. Honey 
4. REAL maple syrup

PLEASE SHARE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW!!!

Love you for reading, 
FATFREEVEE





No comments:

Post a Comment