Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Do I miss being FAT?

    What in the world kind of title is that for a post??

   I know you are thinking to yourself, "What??? Does she miss being fat? Is that even a serious question?" But hear me out a minute!

    A couple of days ago someone asked me if I thought I would ever go back to being fat? Asking me if I was worried I would ever slip back into my old lifestyle? I, without hesitation, answered quick with a "no, of course not". That person, of course, expected to hear that and that, was left at that.

   It got me thinking though... What would have happened if I would have said, "YES?"

 What if I would of looked at that person and said, "Yes, actually, I CAN see myself being overweight again in the future?"

    Honesty time, being FAT, overweight, obese, although not pleasant to hear, is what I was, and it is just not healthy. It is a big reasons for premature deaths, sicknesses and so much more in our society. I mean we all know the risks that come with being overweight but beside the obvious health reasons,

 Why is it so BAD to be FAT?

  When you are overweight you are not any less of a person but for whatever reason it comes with too many stigmas.

                        Why and HOW did these stigmas get attached to the overweight community?

     I realize it has a lot to do with people's perceptions. Unfortunate, but they drive a lot of what we do and believe as a society. And in this day and age we believe FAT is BAD for more than just the health risks.

   Though I do admit, through these stigmas society gave the FAT community, I was able to grow.

    I worked so hard when I was overweight to be accepted into society and not be thought less of in everything I did. Work, socializing, friendships, relationships, beauty. I mean, I worked my butt off to be the most independent, intelligent, interesting girl you could meet!

   I was overweight for almost all of my life and due to being overweight I gained some of the most amazing  lessons, skills, traits, moments, memories...


I was overweight when my I met my best friends
I was overweight when growing up with my family
I was overweight when my daddy was alive 
I was overweight when I met the love of my life
I was overweight when I became a mother

   Being overweight made me be a better person in a lot of aspects of my life. It helped me empathize with others, love people's adversities, strive for the unattainable, work harder, be better and I carry all of that with me today as healthy Vee. 

   I gained the work ethic I have today through my adversities. And THANKS to that work ethic, I was able to achieve the very reason I have this blog today; weight loss! Gaining weight helped me gain the work ethic I needed to be in SHAPE! Go figure!

    But to answer the question, no, I will never allow myself to go back to that place, I have worked too hard to go back to being overweight. To being as unhealthy as I was. There really are SO many benefits I gained from being healthy that outweigh being FAT. And this weight loss journey has brought me SO much unimaginable JOY and treasures that I would never ever want to trade in for anything.

    That being said, I will from this day forth stop apologizing for what I used to look like because that old me was amazing... And as I continue to know the new me, I continue to grow and love and learn and just add more knowledge to the knowledge gained from my life as a FAT GIRL.

        I was WORTHY all along!!! I just couldn't see that until I stepped out of that FAT girl bubble!

    I wrote this for all the people struggling to love themselves because of their weight, looks, limitations. You are worthy and amazing and regardless what society tells you, you deserve to be treated and reveired for being equally as fantastic! I hope this helps you love yourself and continue the journey to HEALTH not vanity!

I am sharing with you one of my favorite pics of my family. I look at it and think LOVE... I hope to leave you with some love with this blog....


Love you for reading!
FATFREEVEE

PLEASE SHARE, COMMENT, RE POST AND FOLLOW!

 

4 comments:

  1. I loooooove this. It is so refreshing to see you not bash your old self after becoming the beautiful you that you are today. I find these days, people in weight loss journeys talk so much about how much they hated who they were and how they looked, but they forget how much of that made the person they are now. I think part of the process is accepting that person as a chapter in the book. But it's part of the stort, whether you like it or not, and often an essential part to making the protagonist more interesting and relatable.
    Congrats babe. Everyday you inspire me. Now go inspire the world, and do that CNN thing I sent you!!! I know you're not a slacker!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my love.... that was very well said and so true! I am so happy you enjoyed this blog. I felt like it needed to be said. I will! I am not... it's just finding the time! I will so so it soon! Pinky promise!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for your constant support Jatin. U are so great!

      Delete