Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Green Pancakes! So so SO easy!

Hey everyone!!!!

I am SO excited about this recipe!! I am always looking for new and delicious things to mix into my healthy pancake concoctions and I couldn't believe I had never used SPINACH! SO here they are! And only 273 calories for the ENTIRE stack (not including toppings)!!!!

GREEN SPINACH PANCAKES!


Now I know what you are thinking! WHY in the WORLD would I want to SPINACH in my pancakes! Just take my word for this one... you can't even taste the spinach! And it just kicks up the nutrition aspect all that much! 


INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup oats (can be quick cooking or whole)
1/3 cup almond milk
1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese
1-2 cups spinach
Cinnamon to taste (optional)
Stevia to taste (optional)

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Put all ingredients in a blender

2. Let mix sit for about at least five minutes to let mixture thicken

3. Prepare pancakes as usual

4. Pancakes will be a little flat and I personally prefer them a bit gooey like a cookie.

And that's it!!!! SO EASY! Enjoy!

NUTRITIONAL VALUE:

Calories: 272, Fat: 7g, Carbs: 34g, Fiber: 6g Protein:18g

Side note:

You can top the pancakes with whatever you would like. At that point take into consideration the nutritional values will change. I added a quick strawberry, blueberry syrup I made

Blueberry, Strawberry "SYRUP" RECIPE:

INGREDIENTS:

4 Strawberries
1/4 cup blueberries
1/2 cup water
Stevia to taste...

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Mash berries

2. Add water and berries to a pan and boil

3. Reduce to a simmer and wait till mix thickens (about 15 mins)

4. ENJOY!

NUTRITIONAL VALUE:

Calories: 33, Fat: 0g, Carbs: 8g, Fiber: 2g, Protein: .5g

THANK YOU FOR READING!!! SHARE SHARE SHARE!!! And please follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment