Thursday, May 22, 2014

What does SHE know? Getting Started: Journaling

Hi!

     I hope you are all having a great week and some of you got to try the Green Pancake recipe I posted!!! http://fatfreevee.blogspot.com/2014/05/green-pancakes-so-so-so-easy_20.html If you did please post pics and comment on what you thought!?!?!?! Would love to hear from you!!!

    If you caught the post on Calories http://fatfreevee.blogspot.com/2014/05/what-does-she-know-getting-started.html you should now know a bit about how calories work and how many calories you need to fuel your body properly and still manage to loose weight.

   NOW WHAT?

    What should we do with that piece of information?? I have SO much to share with you about food, goals, portion control and so much more coming up! But right not I want to talk to you about something I believe is very IMPORTANT... JOURNALING...

    No, not the "Dear Diary, today I kissed Jake", hide from your parents under the bed kind journal; but rather a food journal!

WHAT IS a food journal??

   A food journal is a place where you keep track of all of the foods/drinks you have consumed that day, week, month, year, etc!

HOW DOES a food journal work??

   Simple really, write down what you ate, how much, and what time of day. Since our PURPOSE for keeping a journal is for weight loss and healthy living you should also include how many calories each item you ate that day had and make sure it reaches YOUR personal calorie intake for that day and try to stick to it WITHOUT going under or over!

WHAT DOES a food journal look like??

   Food journals can look like anything you want them to look like!!! That is the beauty of it! At the end all it needs to do is HELP you keep track of the foods/drinks you are consuming!!! There are lots of templates online for super helpful pages that have all of the categories written down for you already ...

HERE are some examples of what a FOOD JOURNAL can look like:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/127578601918443341/

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/92675704804900137/

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/33143747230464570/

Those are just some fun examples of what it COULD look like! But you can make it whatever you would like!!

HOW DOES FAT FREE VEE journal???

   I personally like to journal through the myfitnesspal app!!! It is the best way for ME because I love the convenience aspect of it!!! I always have my phone on me sooooooo PERFECT combination! Haha! Not to mention that the app is AMAZING! It has everything you need! The app makes it easy for you track what you ate, has a place to search for food calorie information, it has a scanner so you can scan the barcodes on foods, it automatically keeps track of how many calories you have used, and how many you have left according to your calorie intake number, it even has a place where you can create a recipe and see how many calories are in it!! ( MY FAVORITE!!!)

Here is an EXAMPLE of what one of my journals look like on myfitnesspal:


And HERE is an example of a recipe I created! (I WILL BE SHARING IT SOON)! :


   Do I journal all of the time?? No, it is not necessary for me to journal all of the time seeing as I have the tools I need to be able to calculate the calories in foods/drinks in my head.

HOW DO I get these tools?

JOURNALING! and following this blog of course ;).

   The reason why journaling is SO important to this journey is because this journey is supposed to TRANSFORM your LIFE! Get you started on a LIFE long happy relationship with your mind, body and soul! Journaling will not only help you keep track of what you eat and drink but will provide you with the tools you need to be able to KNOW how your body works... KNOW what calories, nutritional information are in most foods you eat, what foods at what times help you get the most results in your WEIGHT LOSS, or what food help you MAINTAIN your weight best, it will help you with portioning and keep you on TRACK!  And all you need to do is journal on a constant basis!

   If you journal NOW in the beginning of your journey, you will ultimately get to your GOAL and not need to journal as often because YOU are now your greatest tool! YOUR brain will have all the tools you need to know to help maintain your weight and journey!

 You will now just BE HEALTHY, it will be YOUR NATURE!

   I hope you enjoyed this post!! I have SO much more to share with you and help you get started, help you maintain, funny stories and RECIPES galore!!!! Please comment, please FOLLOW, and please please SHARE SHARE SHARE! I would love to be able to help and touch those who need help, a friend, encouragement or just a listening ear!!! I want to help you have your very own

BEFORE AND AFTER!!!!!



                                                   (My before 2010 and after 2014!)

SHARE ALL!!! Thank you !!






No comments:

Post a Comment