Sunday, May 18, 2014

NEWS FLASH! We all CHEAT!

Hey, YOU! Come in closer.... closerrrr... closssseeerrrrrr 

NEWSFLASH!

We are all cheat! On our diet that is! haha! See what I did there! 

Last night we went to a coal oven fired pizza place and GUESS WHAT? I had pizza AND here is the kicker DESSERT!!! 

When I first started loosing weight I used to be TERRIFIED of food... and you know what in some aspects it's good to be ultra aware of what you are putting in your body, it helps you stay focus but I very soon realized. 

A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO STAY IN A FOOD PRISON. 

What I mean by that is that you don't have to confined to JUST healthy eating and completely cut out pizza or burgers or ice cream! BUT here is the one of the keys to success!!! 

MODERATION!

I will say it until I'm blue in the face... do not let your cheat meal, splurge meal, reward, sneak meal, happy meal, whatever you call it... DO NOT let it turn into a cheat day... worse a cheat week, cheat month! You get where I am going with this! Limit how often you are eating this way.

Do not give the power to your food, but realize that YOU HAVE THE POWER OVER FOOD, make the conscious CHOICE to have a splurge meal! 

But most importantly CHOOSE to continue to make healthy and happy choices there after. That is the on of the keys to SUCCESS, to have a healthy enough relationship with food to where you don't feel it has power over you, but you having constant POWER... WILL power! 

Now here is the thing... IT'S OK to have gained a little bit of weight off of your splurge meal! I SAY this with a HEAVY grain of salt... because this is my biggest problem! The overwhelming GUILT to have had such a non healthy, high calorie, high fat, high sugar, you name it meal after so much HARD work!!!!!... BUT it really will be ok! One meal a week will not deter your success if you choose to have one. It will can and might slow down your progress though!! 

So u have to MENTALLY prepare yourself for understanding that if you choose to have that splurge meal, you MUST know your body and how far you can push it!!!! 

BUT FAT FREE VEE?????... how do I know my limits????? 

GREAT question! This week I am kicking off my "What the HECK do YOU know series, Getting started!" 

I will teach you invaluable tools to get started on this healthy living/ weight loss journey with the right tools, tips and tricks to master the fundamentals of this lifestyle, getting to know your body and how what your limits are!!! Teaching you all that I can about what I've learned to help get you from 

THIS:

                                                (Me at my brother's graduation May 2010)

to THIS: 
(From left to right: My mommy, my brother and ME fat free vee at my brother's banquet May 2014)

PLEASE FOLLOW! Thank you all!!! 

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blogs...very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you like the blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read my posts and support it! If you ever have any questions or suggestions please free to reach out to me at any time! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete